BEAUTIFUL NOSE IS A PERMANENT FACIAL FEATURE
Nose is the most prominent part of the human face, and as such it contributes a lot to the facial harmony. Therefore, it is not unusual that persons with nose irregularities suffer, as they are aware how noticeable this imperfection may be. Sometimes they can feel insecure due to these imperfections which can disable them to achieve their potentials in professional and private spheres of life.
Surveys conducted on patients after a successful nose surgery, mostly young persons, show that patients feel much more secure after the surgery and are more successful in dealing with everyday’s problems. "Nothing is like it used to be. I feel that people listen to me and respect me", one patient said after rhinoplasty after she came back for the regular check-up. This patient gained self-confidence and stability after the surgery.
(narrow nose is considered as most beautiful).
Success of rhinoplasty depends on many factors, primarily skills and experience of the surgeon. Anatomical peculiarities of skin and subcutaneous structures as well as the way of healing and patient’s reaction to the operation are also very important factors. Success also depends on the preoperative consultation and examination where patient’s wishes are being defined which have to be in accordance with surgical possibilities (dictated by anatomical peculiarities of each individual patient).
There are two basic approaches to rhinoplasty: so called closed and opened rhinoplasty.
During the closed approach, surgery is performed through the incisions placed inside the nostrils, therefore using these techniques there will be no visible incisions on the outer side of the nose.
During the opened approach, a tiny incision must be made in the columella which leaves s small, barely visible scar. It is important to accentuate that opened approach can be described as elevating the skin off the cartilage on the tip of the nose, which enables better approach to the tip of the nose.
Both methods have been accepted as standards in the aesthetic nose surgery for many years now. Also, both methods are used in the clinic, and the choice of the method mainly depends on the surgeon’s evaluation of the patient’s nose situation.
These two basic methods can be combined with a range of other auxiliary techniques, enabling to deal with different deformities and irregularities in the nasal area.
Some of the methods and techniques used in the polyclinic
USEFUL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PATIENTS:
• Rhinoplasty is preceded by a routine preoperative analysis of the patient, which includes blood tests and medical examination.
• Before the operation, surgical team have final conversation with the patients and last preoperative consultations.
• Before the operation patients must stop using painkillers and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, containing acetylsalicylic acid like Aspirin, Andol or Acisal. This is very important factor in patient’s preparation for the surgery, as in this way we prevent possible bleeding and hematoma during and after the procedure.
• Patients coming from abroad are enabled to do all preoperative examinations and consultations in one day as well as the surgery, and initial consultations over the phone or the internet. During the initial consultations it is evaluated whether the patient is suitable at all for this type of intervention. Upon the patient's arrival in Belgrade , final preoperative consultation is being performed during which all the details of the intervention are being defined together with the patient, and then the surgical procedure can start.
• Rhinoplasty is performed under enhanced anesthetic, which means that besides the local anesthetic , the patient is given a light sedative. During the procedure patient is asleep, which makes the procedure completely painless.
• Patient stays in the clinic for about 24 hours. Once discharged from the surgery the patient is sent to home care.
• After the surgical intervention splint is placed on the nose which stays on the nose for 7 days. First 3 – 4 days after the surgery patient has nasal packing in the nose with the purpose of preventing the bleeding and to support the new form of the nose from the inside. Eighth day after the surgery metal splint is being removed and patient is enabled to return to his/hers everday’s activities, however it is recommended to avoid extensive physical activities for the next two months.
• Required STAY IN BELGRADE lasts three to seven days.On the third day after the surgery nasal packings have to be removed from the nose, and nasal splint remains on the nose until the eighth day after the surgery. Patient can go back home after the nasal packing is removed (fourth or fifth day), however it is recommended to stay seven or eight full days, after the splint is removed and after the final postoperative check-up.